Software Assessment Services Overview
Working with Gazelle to assess your information system security will identify weaknesses and elevate your delivery of security and compliance.
Gazelle Consulting’s software assessment methodology uses the Center Internet Security (CIS) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) criteria to evaluate proprietary and third party software applications. Our consultants meet with your development and IT teams, product owners, and stakeholders to develop a cross functional understanding of the architecture, functionality, and business objectives of your information systems. We develop subject matter expertise in your environment so that we can provide your team with customized insights and creative solutions.
Our security engineers can assess the following infrastructure assets and associated processes:
- Cloud based server environments
- Web applications
- Mobile applications
- Vendor software
- Network infrastructure and configuration
- Software integrations
- Development and coding practices
- Encryption and key management
- Backup management and contingency planning
- Authentication systems
- Malicious software protection
Our software assessment will help uncover vulnerabilities in all levels of security including hardware, software, people, processes, management, and strategy. This comprehensive overview can help protect your organization from malicious intruders, insider threats, and negligence. The results of this service will prepare your company to enter the market with a secure and compliant product, and give your clients’ confidence.
A software assessment will involve:
- Inventorying in scope data and information systems
- Interviewing software team members
- Designing documentation of technology assets
- Assessing controls and identifying gaps in security and compliance
- Recommending controls to remediate gaps
- Project managing the implementation of remediations
- Developing a report of our findings
We can map the security assessments to a variety of compliance frameworks including HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, and PIPEDA.