JOIN THE GAZELLE CONSULTING TEAM
Gazelle strives to make the world of data privacy and security a little bit fun and as painless as possible, while delivering consistently high quality services and results. If you have a passion for data privacy and a drive to expand your skill set, you will fit right in!
Web Application Security Analyst
Gazelle Consulting provides affordable and engaging HIPAA and GDPR consulting services in order to make privacy and security accessible to all businesses. We have the privilege of working with amazing companies including non-profits, software startups, clinics, multinational companies, and established corporations. Gazelle strives to make the world of data privacy and security a little bit fun and as painless as possible, while delivering consistently high quality services and results. Compliance can be a pain point for many, but at Gazelle we choose to see the humor in our work and help our clients see the positives in the paper work!
To support our growth, we are hiring a Web Application Security Analyst with strong project management, technical and customer-facing skills to help our clients identify security vulnerabilities in their technology, operations, processes and products.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you’ll work closely with our small team on the full life cycle of a variety of HIPAA compliance assessment projects, from information gathering and analysis to preparing client deliverables. Using your combined interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, you’ll work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify system vulnerabilities, assess risks in devices and apps, develop security hardening controls, and create HIPAA compliance documentation. From proposal development to client interviews to documentation reviews, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a truly multi-faceted role while having a direct impact on business operations and overall success.
- Conduct compliance and security assessments of operational technology and software products.
- Review application security controls, data handling processes and designs; identify data and application security risks and requirements for new projects and system developments.
- Lead change management projects that result from analysis and remediation recommendations.
- Work with a team and individually to create high quality documentation of analysis activities, compliance assets, project management deliverables, and communications with customers and teammates.
- Strong critical thinking skills, collaborative mindset, and self motivation.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience managing or configuring cloud technology such as AWS, Google Cloud products, or Azure.
- 3+ years experience in IT Security, with at least one year implementing & documenting security controls, policies & procedures in a cybersecurity framework (i.e., NIST-800-171/800-53, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI-DSS or NERC-CIP).
Nice to Have (but not required)
- Experience working in the healthcare industry or in a HIPAA compliant organization.
- CISSP, CISA, CEH, CAP, Security+ or similar certification(s).
- Experience with system administration, server management, Active Directory, O365 or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience with application development, including knowledge of SDLC best practices.
- Working knowledge of information change management processes.
- Experience leading project management activities.
Working at Gazelle Consulting
- Pay will be determined based on experience.
- This position is available for full time or flex time, part time work from home is optional.
- Our Office is located in CENTRL Eastside on the Burnside bridge. We have a beautiful view with lots of light in our office. Free coffee all day, every day and cookies on Wednesdays.
- We offer learning opportunities, room for growth, options for flexibility, work life balance, amazing customers, and a good time at work.
- We are strong collaborators, but we aren’t the type of people that have 30 minute meetings about something that could be said in an email.
- We prioritize open communication and feedback at all levels.
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter stating:
- Why you’re interested in working for Gazelle in particular;
- How you meet each of our requirements and “nice to haves” (to do this, please copy/paste them and put a response after each).
We look forward to hearing from you!